Welcome To CSC
Common Service Centres (CSC) scheme is one of the mission mode projects under the Digital India Programme. CSCs are the access points for delivery of essential public utility services, social welfare schemes, healthcare, financial, education and agriculture services, apart from host of B2C services to citizens in rural and remote areas of the country. It is a pan-India network catering to regional, geographic, linguistic and cultural diversity of the country, thus enabling the Government's mandate of a socially, financially and digitally inclusive society.
Features of CSC-
Scheme is implemented in PPP Framework. Some of the features of CSC services is as-
- Focus on Rural Entrepreneurship.
- Providing Private Sector Services also.
- Multi Dimensions Initiative i.e. Based on Community Needs
- Building Rural Capacities and Livelihoods
- Positioned as change agent to various Government and Non Government services
- One Stop solution for various G2C and B2C Services.
Structure of CSC-
PPP Model will be based on 3- tier structure-
- State Designed Authority (SDA)- SDA will be appointed by State Government. It will be responsible for managing the implementation of CSC services across the state.
- Service Center Agency- SCA, the owner of CSC, set up the CSC and select the locations from Common Service Center. It promotes the CSC in rural area through promotion campaigns at state or local level. SCA will be responsible for division of 500-1000 CSCs.
- Village Level Entrepreneur- Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) is the CSC Operator. 6 Villages are covered by one VLE.