Starting A CSC- Eligibility & Requirements
If you want to Start a CSC (Common Service Center) in your area, you must have Eligibility to Participate in CSC Scheme. If you are eligible, you need to have the required infrastructure also. Details like Eligibility, Educational Qualification, Age Limit and Required Infrastructure is available on this page.
You can also get important information regarding CSC (Common Service Centers) on this website.
Eligibility to Participate in CSC Scheme- Criteria for participation in Common Service Services is as below- Desirous person should be a local person. Age- Applicant must have attained the age of 18 years. Qualification- Person should preferably have passed the Matriculation Level Examination or equivalent from recognized board.Other Requirements-
- Applicant should have fluency in reading and writing the local language.
- Should have the basic knowledge of English Language and Computer Skills.
If you want to Start a CSC (Common Service Center) in your area, you must have Eligibility to Participate in CSC Scheme. If you are eligible, you need to have the required infrastructure given here.
Common Service Center Scheme has been formulated by the Government to provide E-Services to citizens by establishing a common center under the Digital India Programme. Government envisage on establishing the 1,00,000 (One Lac) CSCs across the India. Eligible person can start CSC by approaching the Service Center Agency (SCA) of that respective area. Prerequisite to start a CSC is as-
- Room/Building having place of 100-150 Sq. Ft.
- Two PC’s with UPS with 5 hours battery back-up or portable generator set. PC with licensed Operating System of Windows XP-SP2 or above.
- Two Printers. (Inkjet+ Dot Matrix)
- RAM having the minimum storage capacity of 512 MB
- Hard Disc Drive of at least 120 GB
- Digital Camera/ Web Cam
- Wired/ Wireless/V-SAT Connectivity
- Biometric/IRIS Authentication Scanner fro Banking Services.
- CD/DVD Drive
Total Estimated Cost per CSC will be 1.25 to 1.50 Lacs (Except Land & Building)